Re: filtering headers...

1997-11-05 13:46:48

From foo(_at_)bar  Wed Nov  5 12:37:43 1997

I realize this is not what you asked for, but I would like to try to
make a point that filtering headers with procmail is a risky practice.
If there is any kind of problem, some of those headers may be needed
for tracing.  Furthermore, any bugs in your filter may result in
problems you won't notice right away, such as loss of reply-to
addresses or whatever.

You mean problems like on line #1 above?  :-) :-)

I believe the mail reader program is responsible for hiding parts of
the message that you don't want to see.  Maybe I'm just spoiled by a
good mail reader.  Elm allows me to hide any and all headers without
any changes to the mail file.

mailtool allows that also, but when I hide the headers, they also are
"hidden" from complaint messages.  I have to select "full headers" which
affects only the view of the incoming, and cut/paste into the complaint.
And then I usually prefer to hide our internal routing anyway.  So I'm
just trying to automate a frequent activity.

*plink*

Is that a nice version of plonk ?