Re: Received: headers after From:

1997-11-06 13:21:58

| I think it would be handy to remove all Received: headers that come
| after a From: header.  These seem to me to be universally forged for
| spammers.  On the spam forwarding list, perhaps 60% of the messages for
| the past several days had received: headers forged in this manner.
|
| [ various recipes snipped ]

Huh?  Both of you guys would pick off all mail containing both From:
and Received: headers, I think, and that's most mail.  The request
was for Received: *after* From: (which, while it doesn't indicate spam
specifically, generally shows up in mail sent originally without
From: and which has had that header added later using the envelope).

I think you want something like:
  :0
  * ^From:.*^+Received:
  { ACTION }

(does that work as written though?)

Assuming it does, it would apply ACTION to any mail that has a Received:
on the next line after a From:  What he asked seems to be to remove (from
each mail) any Received: that appears anywhere after a From:

However, the above recipe would probably catch a lot of spam.