P.S. re: Help needed with a recipe (fwd)

1997-11-06 21:21:22
P.S. to the following message:  I would like to use the From line as a
filter for the following messages since they come from the same groups of
people all the time.  Thank you in advance for any assistance you can give
me.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 1997 23:05:52 -0500 (EST)
From: "Barbara E. Johnson" <smartie(_at_)copland(_dot_)udel(_dot_)edu>
To: procmail(_at_)informatik(_dot_)rwth-aachen(_dot_)de
Subject: Help needed with a recipe

I am a procmail user and I need to set up a recipe for a particular
problem, but don't know how to write it.  I am being bombarded by html
marketing mailings from a variety of senders and I have been unsuccessful
at getting them to remove me from their lists.  I use Pine and UNIX with
procmail.  I would like to put in a recipe that blocks messages (deletes
them automatically or whatever) in the same way as the "duplicate id"
recipe or in a similar way.  These messages are overloading my system so I
need to be able to automatically get rid of them as quickly as they arrive
or at least as soon as possible thereafter.  Many come from mailing lists
that won't accept replies.  Can you help me with a recipe?  I couldn't
figure out one from your instructions.  Thanks.

Barbara E. Johnson
Wilmington, DE  USA