pm-lint service: update

1997-11-13 16:31:23

    Hi,

    It's 01:20 again and I have improved the Lint parser a lot since.
    I noticed major flaws in the batch routines as well as in my shell
    scripts and Emacs version we have here. And I had hard time to
    debug why my .procmailrc saw everything double (that is: there was
    some extra c flag somewhere. Finding this bug made me reorganize my
    whole .procmailrc and inpired adding new section to the pm-tips.txt)

    I'm happy to announce that the lint service should now be more robust.
    To lint any piece of procmail code, use:

        To: jari(_dot_)aalto(_at_)poboxes
        subject: pm-lint

        BODY-HAS-THE-CODE-TO-CHECK

    To get the help file (in case you need guidance or if you wonder what
    the lint is talking about)

        To: jari(_dot_)aalto(_at_)poboxes
        subject: send pm-lint.hlp

        BODY-IS-IGNORED

    I hope you all will be able to improve your procmail coding with the
    help of the Lint. At least some obvious mistakes may be found easier.

    jari