How do I get the envelope-sender?

1997-11-20 19:05:04
My ISP just installed sendmail8.8.8. The procmail version is 3.11pre7.
Procmail is not the local mail delivery agent and I must use a
.forward file. My .forward file says:

"|IFS=' '&&exec nice /usr/local/bin/procmail -d dnhunt||exit 75 #dnhunt"

I've been trying to get procmail to reveal the envelope-sender and
haven't had any luck. I tried looking at $1 in a LOG statement
(LOG=$1)  but always get nothing. Do I have to do something different
in .forward, or there is something I'm missing? Is the address in the
'From ' line at the top of the mail the same as envelope sender?
Looking at the sendmail.cf file, it is set with $g. Can someone help
me by explaining the envelope sender riddle?

Thanks...
David Hunt