3.11pre5 and pre6 dangers

1997-11-23 11:02:12
Donald Hammond wrote,

| I looked in the HISTORY file (and elsewhere) at era's site and didn't
| see any versions mentioned between 3.10 and 3.11pre7.

That's because every prerelease toward a single version and, in the end, the
final release of that version, are considered a single revision (perhaps done
in several steps) and all changes involved get one combined entry in the
history file.

Archives of the mailing list would have details on the problems with 3.11pre5
and 3.11pre6; I don't remember the details, but they were bad enough to make
a lot of people reinstall 3.11pre4.