splitting and forwarding messages

1997-12-08 00:16:08
Hi all,

I have an unusual problem that I have no idea how to even start creating a
recipe for.

Current situation:

messages addressed to pager(_at_)cullasaja(_dot_)com get forwarded to my real
pager's
address (and a record is also saved):

:0cb
* $^TOpager(_at_)cullasaja(_dot_)com
! =realpagernumberx(_at_)page(_dot_)metrocall(_dot_)com

        :aw:
        |gzip -fc >> $ARC/paged.gz

Future situation:

I have a 200 character limit on my pager. But I have wordy contacts who go
over that limit. What I would like to do is have a recipe split up
messages addressed to my pager into 200 character (max) messages. So if
someone sent me a 500 char page, it would be sent to my pager as 2 200
char pages and 1 100 char page.

Can someone give me a clue as to how I would go about starting a recipe
like this?

Thanks,

/Vince/