Re: crap from Microsoft mail clients

1997-12-08 07:42:25

On another list, someone wrote:
He probably didn't mean it, he's probably just another victim of
Microsoft email clients.

In its default configuration, most Microsoft email clients attach all
manner of ridiculous garbage in "WINMAIL.DAT", "VCARD.VCF", and Base64
encoded, HTML'ized, redundant full copies of the replied-to message,
etc...

I'm getting tired of this, too.  I remember an occasional blurb on this in
the past, but not having paid much attention, I'm not sure how to find it
in the archives.

Request, by private e-mail, recipes for detecting messages like this.  (I
know how to handle the response, but I wouldn't mind seeing your method
for that, too.)