Re: Simple auto-reply recipe in ``man procmailex'' does not work

1997-12-18 09:37:17
Martin Steffen <ms(_at_)informatik(_dot_)uni-kiel(_dot_)de> writes:
Hi, I got the following question. I tried the following simple auto-reply
recipe, which (basically) I took from the manpage `procmailex':
I doesn't work, and I get the following message in the logging file:

procmail: Error while writing to " (/opt/local/bin/formail -r -A"Precedence:
junk" -A"X-Loop: ms(_at_)informatik(_dot_)uni-kiel(_dot_)de" ; cat ~ms/.plan)
| /usr/lib/sendmail -t"
What does it mean? I know, that the very same recipe once worked (I did not
try it in the meantime). Also the paths are all ok, which I test by simply
typing in:

Perhaps your sysadmins are now using smrsh: try putting the following line
at the top of your .procmailrc:

        SHELL = /bin/sh

Philip Guenther