Re: Forward Receipe

1997-12-20 20:31:04
My apologies if someone answered this already; if so, I haven't seen
it (but sometimes procmail list mail takes its good ol' time getting
here).

At 07:00 PM 12/20/97, Thomas Trueten wrote:
[snip]
I tried this receipe:
:0 c
* !^TO*contact(_at_)address
| $SENDMAIL -oi -t \
! some(_at_)address other(_at_)address

My question:

Why procmail sends _all_ incoming mail to some(_at_)address and to
other(_at_)address?

You shouldn't have that "*" after "^TO".  I'm not 100% sure how it parses, but
you undoubtedly want:
    * !^TO()contact(_at_)address
or (if your procmail is new enough):
    * !^TO_()contact(_at_)address

The () there don't do anything really, but they visually set off the macro.
If you'd had .* after ^TO it would have worked, but it isn't necessary
since there's an implicit .* there anyway.

Cheers,
Stan