Procmail Recipe

1997-12-21 08:41:06

        Does anyone have a recipe that would take email to a specific set
of addresses, and then forward the message to another account *BUT* use
the To: email address as the full name?

        Here is why. I have many mailing lists all coming to one account.
It is hard to sort the mail according to what the message relates to. I am
hoping that I can use their subscription address (all different) as a
mechanism to sort the mail.

        Kinda like:

        tech-nt(_at_)webmarquee(_dot_)com               IIS is choking again

        Instead of:

        Somebody J. Person              IIS is choking again

        The above example address is the one I used to subscribe in hopes
of doing message sorting like this. Thank you for any help you can offer.
I am new to procmail and am open to any suggestions that you may have.

        Thanks Again... Jeff