Help- sendmail-8.8.8 and mailertable

1998-01-08 16:32:32
Hello

We have some strange problems:

Konfiguration:
  sendmail-8.8.8 and procmail 3.11 pre 4 or 7
  linux 2.0.32

We use procmail for domaindelivery (-m).
to drop the mail in a mailbox to fetch it with pop3 or so.
The sender becommes ' can't create output' when hie mails on
such a domain.

1) What s-bits need procmail ?
   r-sr-sr-x root mail
   r-sr-sr-x root root

   (I have tried to give no rights, and or it in sendmail via U=0:12
    where 12 ist the mail group)
   What rights need the mailboxs ?
  rw-rw---- user mail

  But in all the cases the procmail 3.11 pre 7 can't open the mailbox.
  The pre 4 modified from suse does it with no s-bit

2) With the sendmail 8.8.8 there was no From header and the qpopper
   complaint.
   I add  -f $g in the Mailerdefinition
   but now the procmail 3.11 pre 4 without s-bits fail.

3) What rights must the sendmail have ?
   daemon:mail         (I would prefer)
   daemon:deaemon

   (But is it a Problem sich s suid/sgid procmail ?)

Can you tell me what faults I had made (other that I was born and have
to become Mailconsultant for a ISP ?)
I wanted to understand the sources, but I can't in a few days.

Perhaps some hints:
I tried to build a primitive mailer,
which gets the rights from sendmail. The open of the mail-Box was'nt
the problem.
Does procmail some stange setgid that it don't work for me ?
With an linux-2.0.30 there are no problems.
But it is possible with linux-2.0.32 to do suid, inherit the attributes
and so, and I don't think the kernel is the problem.

GreetingS
        Rudolf

e.mail:
private: rw(_at_)weber(_dot_)ravnet(_dot_)de
or       rw(_at_)w-4(_dot_)de