Procmail Digest IMAP Eudora 4.0 heads-up

1998-01-11 03:17:30

This is _not_ a procmail issue, per se, but, a heads-up to see if
other procmail-digest recipients are having the same problem with
truncated Procmail digests with the latest PC servers and clients.

I'm not completely sure of the particulars, but, it appears that my
Procmail Digest is truncated when read on PC Eudora 4.0 using IMAP4
on the UNIX mail server.

The actual digest message is fine - since I can read it using Zmail 5.0
on the UNIX server, and using the "/usr/bin/mail" program supplied with
Sun Solaris 2.5.1. So there's nothing wrong with the Digest itself.

If anyone else who receives the Procmail Digest is experiencing this problem
where the digest only appears with header information in Eudora 4.0
(POP or IMAP), please let me know as then we can file a bug report with
Qualcomm or fix it ourselves.

All that shows up on PC Eudora 4.0 (I use IMAP4) is the digest header,
up to the first set of dashes -- then, unexplicably, nothing.

If you have this problem, let me know.
John Gianni   jjg(_at_)cadence(_dot_)com  news:comp.cad.cadence
http://www.cadence.com
San Jose, California (USA)