Re: Junk mail via the Smartlist list

1998-01-13 21:43:30
On Wed, 14 Jan 1998 wr(_at_)tribe(_dot_)ping(_dot_)de wrote:

On Tue, Jan 13, 1998 at 11:16:57AM -0800, schrieb Rob Lingelbach:
  I agree, and also propose postings from known UCE/SPAM sites
  be denied.  I currently have a list/script which filters some
  2858 domains and 1363 users.

But I agree that it's paradoxical the SmartList mailinglist can't
control its own output at even the minimal level of foreign_submit =
no.

I am wondering why I never heard any comments from the Smartlist/Procmail
list maintainer. Or isn't there a maintainer?

  Okay folks, I have had it with all the UCE/SPAM coming through
  the current Procmail/SmartList mailing lists, so ....
  I have just created two new mailing lists, which are Procmail/SmartList
  supported, along with my modifications to prevent UCE/SPAM.  These
  mailing lists are called:
        smartlist(_at_)lists(_dot_)utah(_dot_)edu
        procmail(_at_)lists(_dot_)utah(_dot_)edu
  To subscribe to these mailing lists send the Subject: subscribe
  to:
        smartlist-request(_at_)lists(_dot_)utah(_dot_)edu
        procmail-request(_at_)lists(_dot_)utah(_dot_)edu

  NOTE - You will not be able to post to these mailing until your
         address has been verified.  Furthermore, you will NOT
         be able to subscribe to either one of these mailing lists
         if your domain is one of the 2850+ domain which I deny
         both subscription and postings from.

  Please be aware some UCE/SPAM might slip through, but I assure
  you steps will be taken to prevent future postings from that
  user and possibly the entire domain.

  Neither of these lists are currently available in digest form.
  However, if you want them available in digest form, please
  send your request to the appropriate -request(_at_)lists(_dot_)utah(_dot_)edu
  address.

Rhett 'Jonzy' Jones                       | jonzy(_at_)cc(_dot_)utah(_dot_)edu
SysAdmin, postmaster, Gopher, PH, ...     | (801) 581-8810