Re: Procmail hangs...

1998-01-14 14:28:30
Peter Beckman <beckman(_at_)nova(_dot_)org> writes:
OK!  So that makes sense, and it works fine.  Delivers the mail.
BUT:  When I put this in my .forward:

"|IFS=' '&&exec /usr/local/bin/procmail -f-||exit 75 #beckman"

Mail DOES NOT get delivered.  I have lost a bunch of mail because of
this.  What is wrong with the above?  Parens precedence?  I am
confused because the documentation says this works.  BUT it doesn't
seem to.......

Have someone else send a message to you when you have that in place.
They should be getting a bounce message back when it fails to deliver.
That bounce message may help you deduce what the problem is.  Off-hand
I would guess that your site may use smrsh, in which case you'll need
to put a copy of or link to procmail in smrsh's binary directory,
probably /usr/lib/sm.bin.

Philip Guenther