Re: procmail and majordomo question

1998-01-19 22:57:20
I have just setup majordomo on my machine.

I would like any messages sent to 'majordomo@' to go through a procmail
script first.

Right now majordomo is an alias:

majordomo:      "|/Users/majordom/current/wrapper majordomo"

How would I manage to do this?

Piece o' cake.  :)

Change the line to be something like this:

   majordomo: "|/usr/bin/procmail -m /Users/majordom/.procmailrc"

Then the file /Users/majordom/.procmailrc would look something like this:

   HOME=/Users/majordom/
   PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/lib/mail:/usr/sbin

   :0:
   * ^FROM_MAILER
   $HOME/errors

   :0
   |/Users/majordom/current/wrapper majordomo

Or whatever...  Need to make sure that the files that are being written
to are writeable by whatever the default user identity is...

I use something like this for each one of my lists to filter out bounce
requests and tally them up, then unsubscribe if too many.  Somewhat a
la smartlist, I guess.

Chris