Recipe for Forwarding and Deleting

1998-01-31 14:26:22
Hi, I read through the archives and found mention of recipes for
forwarding mail, but couldn't find anything that explained how to delete
the message afterward.

Here is my situation... I have a virtual domain with one email address.
All mail to myvirtualdomain.com goes to this one address. I use fetchmail
on Linux to download the mail and then forward it to different individual
addresses based on the "To:" header.

What I'd like to do is delete the message after procmail forwards it, so a
copy doesn't get sent to the mailbox of the user fetchmail is running
under, in this case root.

This is my recipe:

:0 c
* ^TO(_dot_)*user(_at_)myvirtualdomain(_dot_)com
! user(_at_)somewhereelse(_dot_)com

Is it possible to delete the message after it is forwarded, so it isn't
also delivered to root(_at_)mylinuxbox(_dot_)com?

Thanks,

Trevor

*       Trevor Astrope         *        TABB Web Services
* *     astrope(_at_)tabbweb(_dot_)com      *       http://www.tabbweb.com    *
***              Visit my Tragically Hip web site              ***
***               The Hundredth Meridian                       ***
****              http://www.tabbweb.com/thehip/              ****