Re: running "Side effect" shell commands

1998-02-04 07:48:45
On 04 Feb 1998 11:49:14 +0200, <jari(_dot_)aalto(_at_)poboxes(_dot_)com> wrote:
The reason I was asking, was that when I was about to drop a message to
a folder I wanted to write a message to my Emacs biff log too.
<...>
But i found it tedious to duplicate similar recipe for every mailbox.

If that's all you want, why not log it from TRAP?

    TRAP='echo "folder: $LASTFOLDER" >>$biff'

I'm not sure how having a separate log file is better than using the
log Procmail is already writing for you.

/* era */

(Oh, and of course, if you want locking, you can add that to the TRAP.)

--
 Paparazzi of the Net: No matter what you do to protect your privacy,
  they'll hunt you down and spam you. <http://www.iki.fi/~era/spam/>