procmail dumping core with junkfilter

1998-02-06 11:47:20
I had built procmail-3.11pre7 on SunOS 4.1.3, and had been using it
on SunOS 4.1.4, nfs-mounting mailboxes from an Auspex fileserver.
Autoconf had decided
    Locking strategies:     dotlocking, fcntl(), lockf(), flock()

As soon as I introduced "junkfilter" into the my personal procmailrc
procmail dumped core several times in a couple of days -- with the
letter being processed !not! being requeued for later delivery (ouch!)

Any speculation as to what's going on here?  Obviously a bug in a
procmailrc can make procmail fail, but with the procmail author's
apparent attention to reliability and robustness, I didn't think that
procmail dumping core and losing mail was likely...

Best regards,
John Ruckstuhl

junkfilter was incorporated like

    JFDIR=$MAILDIR/spam
    INCLUDERC=$JFDIR/rc.junk
    :0 :
    * SPAMMER ?? .
    | formail -i "X-Fkey: junk" -i "X-Spammer: $SPAMMER" >> M:spam

and I was using the junkfilter files as packaged, without any local
customization.

The timestamps on "junkfilter" contents are 1997/12/05
http:/mph124b.rh.psu.edu/~gsutter/junkmail/junkfilter-export/junkfilter.tar.gz