Re: probs with smartlist and procmail

1998-02-07 17:10:05
At 17:59 +0100, 07 Feb. 1998, Michael Kater
<kater(_at_)www-marketing(_dot_)com> wrote:
my smartlist works fine for external adresses, but subscribers which
have an adress which is forwarded with procmail on my server don´t
get any mails. This only works if they use adresses which are not
processed through procmail.

this is the line in my procmail:

:0
* ^TOnadja(_at_)www-marketing(_dot_)com
! natz(_at_)mail(_dot_)tgis(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk

Any idea?

Well, it looks like you're trying to direct mail based on the header,
which won't work for mailing lists.  When SmartList sends a message it
doesn't put the recipients address in the headers, so procmail's ^TO
macro won't be able to find it there.  Mail should be directed based on
the envelope recipient, and how you get at that, depends on how procmail
is being invoked.

--
Aaron Schrab     aaron(_at_)schrab(_dot_)com      http://www.execpc.com/~aarons/
 I dunno, I dream in Perl sometimes...     --Larry Wall