Re: Read! FREE PORN NOW!!!

1998-02-08 21:11:02

1) it is unnecessary to quote back a post which went to the entire list,
since we are all on the same list, we have all already seen it

2) replying to spam to the list is a bad idea, since most of us who don't
want to see it have put filters in place and probably didn't see the original
spam but will see your followups

The yahoo.com domain is obvious a valid one, but (even though I
haven't checked yet) I am assuming that whynot.net is not valid.

Your assumption is wrong.  They are a real domain, if seemingly spam-only.

Or in everyones opinion should procmail be set to make sure the
from and reply to match?

That would be relatively nonsensical, given what the Reply-To is designed to
do.... It is perfectly valid to have different Reply-To lines than From
lines.... for example, when I send email to this list I set replies to go
back to the list because I don't want/need personal copies

TjL

ps -- AngelFire.com is becoming a valid body-scan for spam.  Seems to be
nothing but spam advertized through them and they don't respond to
complaints.