Can't configure 3.11pre7 to use "standard" mailbox type

1998-02-11 18:39:46

I am trying to get procmail to deliver mail to users' home directories
in what I beleive to be standard mailbox format.
e.g. $HOME/.mailspool/$LOGNAME.
with procmail v3.10 , I just
 specified "SYSTEM_MBOX" in config.h to be $HOME/.mailspool/$LOGNAME and
it worked great.

With 3.11pre7, I  fiddled with MAILSPOOLDIR and MAILSPOOLHOME in
authenticate.c every way I could but with only limitted success.

#define MAILSPOOLHOME "/.mailspool/$LOGNAME"

results in mail delivered as individual files with names like msg.t6YE in
$HOME/.mailspool.

Is this mh format ?  I dunno.

I have also set the -Y flag but that has also been ineffective.

Any hints would be most appreciated.

Carl Mason
Director
UC Berkeley Demography Lab