procmail just stops processing

1998-02-23 19:01:35
I'm having a problem I haven't run into before on a seemingly buggy server
using v3.10. The problem is that procmail just stops processing in the
middle of an rcfile. I have a .procmailrc that calls the same rcfile
twice. That rcfile has 'c' flags that initiate forking, and local
lockfiles that are identical on the recipes. So the mail makes it through
the first call of the rcfile, then begins the second call of the same
rcfile and then procmail dies. Not a clue in the logfile, either. The only
thing the logfile shows is the a few lines of variable assignments prior
to quitting. Any isea where I should look? It's a rather voluminous chunk
of code to post, and nothing to post from the logfile. I tried setting
LOCKTIMEOUT and TIMEOUT to their default values, but that didn't help.
Mail that fails just gets requeued, which is probably due to my .forward
using "...||exit 75". The failure occurs in less than 2 minutes from when
mail is sent. Nowhere do I set any exitcodes or HOST. Does this sound
familiar to anyone?

David Hunt