Re: last effort again.

1998-02-28 21:06:26
dionysus wrote:

procmail: Notified comsat: "dionysus(_at_)0:/var/spool/mail/dionysus"
procmail: Assigning "PMDIR=/home/dionysus/.procmail
"
  **********(Does this mean it got into that dir?)
  Nope. Merely that the environmental variable PMDIR has been
assigned that charcter string.  However, that diagnostic
message hints at two possible problems...

  1) Are you sure its "/home/dionysus/.procmail" ??? I'd expect
"$HOME/.procmail" instead.

procmail: Assigning "PMDIR=/home/dionysus/.procmail
"
  Take a ***VERY*** close look at the closing quote here.  If
I were to interpret this diagnostic message 100% literally,
then I'd say that you have a new-line character embedded in
your assignment statement.  Check the statement in your
.procmailrc file.  Does it say...

PMDIR="/home/dionysus/.procmail"

...or does it say...

PMDIR="/home/dionysus/.procmail
"

The second version embeds a literal new-line into the
character variable.  In that case, procmail would be trying
to change to a subdirectory .procmail\010

--
Walter Dnes (Toronto)
<waltdnes(_at_)interlog(_dot_)com>