Autoresponse Recipes

1998-03-02 23:43:31
I'm new to procmail and would like to ask some sample recipes of you more
experienced folk. I've read the manual pages (procmail, procmailex,
procmailrc and formail) but still am very lousy with the recipes. I can do
simple things like sort mail into folders or send mail from specific
people to /dev/null, but I can't figure out the autoresponse thing (I
found the formail manual pages quite baffling). I've tried playing with
the forwarded mail recipe from the example page, but get errors with my
recipe.

In any case, these are my goals:

-All mail from the free domains (hotmail, juno, etc) refused unless the
sender replies with a certain phrase in the subject of the letter. I would
also like to have a list of people from these domains whose emails would
be accepted no matter what the subject.
-All BCC'd mail to be treated the same way as above.
-If certain individuals email me I would like to autorespond to them that
their mail was refused and send their mail to /dev/null

Thanks for any help.

Marcy