Re: .procmailrc HELP!

1998-03-04 17:59:19
On Wed, 4 Mar 1998, Webmarquee Newslists wrote:
I have been trying on and off for weeks to get just one mailing
list sent to a mail folder using procmail. This is the current
incarnation that does not work:

:0:
* ^TOVISBAS-L(_at_)PEACH\(_dot_)EASE\(_dot_)LSOFT\(_dot_)COM
$HOME/mail/vbasic-l

      Do I need to open permissions somewhere? Or make a folder called
"vbasic-l" in PINE? This like the others just does not work. Please help
and thanks...

No, if the directory is writable, procmail will create the file if it
doesn't exist.

My first guess was that the ^TO token wasn't getting parsed as the token.
But I tried your recipe on v3.10 and it worked, though. So how about
showing us a verbose logfile of mail from that list going through the
recipe? Save a single sample mail from the list to a file, "file", and
feed it to procmail from the command line with:
        cat file | procmail .procmailrc VERBOSE=on

David Hunt