Re: Can I forward multiple emails in procmail???

1998-03-05 10:33:00
At 10:22 AM 3/5/98 -0600, Webmarquee Newslists wrote:
      :0:
      * ^TO:info(_at_)webmarquee(_dot_)com
      redirect to -> sales(_at_)webmarquee(_dot_)com

:0
* ^TOinfo(_at_)webmarqueee(_dot_)com
! sales(_at_)webmarquee(_dot_)com

HOWEVER: blind/carbon copies and multiple local addressees will be a
problem (they always are), as will the fact that the
sales(_at_)webmarquee(_dot_)com
is no doubt handled by the same shell account - meaning you'll just cause a
loop here (unless sales@ is handled in the sendmail aliases file - but if
that were the case, then that is where you should put info@ to).  You can
get around the loop by adding and checking for a loop condition.

If the sales address is in fact elsewhere, then the above should work just
fine.  OTOH, if it is handled in the same account, FORWARDING it back in it
anti-productive (plus, the forward doesn't change the visible addressing
headers anyway).  You _could_ instead do something like follows:

:0:
* ^TO(info|sales)@webmarquee.com
| $FORMAIL -A "X-WEBMARQUEE-ID: Sales" >> $DEFAULT

What this would do is add an extra header to the message which is delivered
to your (singular) mailbox, which your (I'm presuming) POP mailclient can
look for (if you have a reasonable one, it should permit at least basic
filtering, if not, try Eudora Pro).

If you are using one mailbox, how are you handling the different userids on
the same account if it really is important that you identify the different
addresees?

 Post Box 2395 / San Rafael, CA  94912-2395