Re: Rejecting Obvious AOL Forgeries

1998-03-05 22:59:57
At 06:34 PM 3/5/98 -0700, Bill McClatchie wrote:

:0
* ^From:.*aol\.com
* ! ^Received:.*aol\.com
/dev/null

If its from AOL, it will definately pass this criteria.  And the few
recent forged aol spams I've examined would fail this.

The received lines are trivial to forge as well.

Note though, you will lose mail from people who prefer to get their email
at AOL, and thus only use this address.

Both methods would likely fail this -- if you're not ON the AOL net, I
doubt you can actually use their servers (which are likely to be
proprietary and/or beyond their proxies - at last check AOL'ers still
aren't "on" the internet).

 Post Box 2395 / San Rafael, CA  94912-2395