Re: variables in matches?

1998-03-15 17:42:44
On Sun, 15 Mar 1998 15:49:27 -0800, PSE-L(_at_)mail(_dot_)professional(_dot_)org
(Professional Software Engineering) wrote:
:0
* $ ^Message-[Ii][Dd]:[      ]\<$FROM\>

You don't need this [Ii] -type case-insensitive matching here,
Procmail is case-insensitive anyway. Or am I missing something?

I would perhaps also allow for an arbitrary amount of whitespace after
the colon. In practice it's basically always a space anyway but if
you're going halfway towards generalizing, why not go all the way.

This tosses messages in which the messageid is the same as the spam FROM
address, a trait I've been witnessing on several spams recently.

Interesting.

/* era */

--
 Paparazzi of the Net: No matter what you do to protect your privacy,
  they'll hunt you down and spam you. <http://www.iki.fi/~era/spam/>