Re: Recipe wanted

1998-03-17 08:00:26
On Mon, 16 Mar 1998, Professional Software Engineering wrote:

At 12:48 PM 3/16/98 -0600, LAURA HENRY wrote:
Can you give me a recipe for procmail v3.11pre7 which will auto-reply to mail
from a specified undesirable sender, saying something like "Your message has
been refused.  Please do not attempt to contact this address again."  and
then
deleting the incoming message so that it never appears in the recipient's
INBOX?

I run my filtering a bit different than this (for one, I don't send replies
to twits - they're a waste of bandwidth), but here is a butchered version

When it comes to normal spam I'm cheering at hearing these words of
wisdom :) but when you want to inform some loser who keeps mailing you
crud that what they're saying doesn't get through and also make him/her
realize that further mailing will just impact his/her OWN mailbox, an
autoreply makes a lot of sense... as long as you remember to add a loop
check of course.

--

Kimmo Jaskari                   | ÅLCOM - Ålands Datakommunikation Ab
kimmo(_at_)alcom(_dot_)aland(_dot_)fi           | Phone +358-(0)18-12122