Re: Delivering mail to a wrong mailbox

1998-03-17 11:01:55
:0:
* ^From.(aya*|altman*|arkady*|qa0002*)
* ^Subject.*Weekly Report+
weekly

And finally all the headers from the incoming mail:

So you're saying that this message is matching incorrectly?  If so,
it's for a couple of reasons:

   1.  procmail is case insensitive by default
   2.  The '+' at the end means one or more of the character 't'

To have it be case sensitive, add the 'D' flag.  To allow a '+',
escape it.

   :0D:
   * ^From.(aya*|altman*|arkady*|qa0002*)
   * ^Subject.*Weekly Report\+
   weekly

Without seeing headers for a message that should match (or is that
what you're providing?), I can't be sure if this is the best recipe
to use or not.

Ideally we would see headers for both matching and non-matching
situations...

Chris