Re: duplicate addresses

1998-03-17 17:01:26
At 06:08 PM 3/17/98 -0500, brett neely wrote:

Could anyone suggest how to create a recipe for trapping email messages
with the same email address in the "From:" and "To:" header lines?

This should be workable:

FROM=`formail -xFrom: `

:0
* $ ^To:.*$FROM
{
        # do whatever
}

Consider though that it would catch messages where someone sent it to
themselves for the LEGITIMATE purpose of a private mailing list.  Or where
they address a copy to themselves (via To: insead of Cc:) for filing purposes.

 Post Box 2395 / San Rafael, CA  94912-2395