Identical Forwards

1998-03-23 02:00:25

First i would like to thank everyone, I have learned alot from just
reading all the email. Even though I have a long way to go, I am alot
futher than what I was a few weeks ago.

Therefore I am not overly fimiliar with procmail, but have been trying to
give it my best shot, and just can't get it right.

        I am attempting to do two things  1) Auto respond w/msg on
TO:info  2) Forward what falls through to staff

I got the Auto Responder working just fine, so that part is not a problem,
and the second part (the forward) also works. What I would like to do, is
have the original headers in the incoming mail to remain after the
forward. In other words if USER1 sends mail to OFFICE, and it was not a
request for info, it will be forwarded to STAFF. Only problem is that when
STAFF receives it, it now came from OFFICE instead of USER1.

        The following recipe was the original. Again, I would like to
forward it, keeping the original header info, and supressing the majority
of it, so that To: From: Date: Subject (like usual) are the ones showing.

        This is the orignal recipe, I didn't include the current, simply
due to the testing I've been doing and trail and error on the file has it
in shambles. Anyway... this original still contains Copy-Header etc...

# Info-Bot
:0 i
# Line below prevents loops
* !^From.*office
* !^FROM_DAEMON
* ^TO.*info
| (formail -r -t ; cat /usr/home/office/info.message) | $SENDMAIL -oi -t

# Forward whatever remains
:0 i
# Line below prevents loops
* !^From.*office
* !^FROM_DAEMON
| formail -A "X-Loop: Copy-Header" | \
mail -s "Office Recipe 2" thestaff(_at_)ihs2000(_dot_)com