Re: Attaching a file to an Autoresponse

1998-03-24 07:34:39
"Deane" == Deane  <deane(_at_)gem(_dot_)bekkoame(_dot_)or(_dot_)jp>
writes:

    Deane> I am still baffled by how to write a recipe that will take
    Deane> a MIME BASE 64 encoded file (originally an application form
    Deane> prepared in MS-Word) and attach it to a text file message
    Deane> sent back by an autoresponder.

This is just a suggestion, I have not tried it, but look into the
metamail package (unix).  It includes a subsidiary program, metasend,
that (I think, from reading the manpage) can be called through a pipe
and used to auto-create a mail message with a specified MIME type.
Anyway, you probably need something along that line.

mp

                Michael Powe       looie(_at_)teleport(_dot_)com
                 pgpk -a finger://teleport.com/looie
  Portland, Oregon, USA   "Home of the Summer Wiener Dog Nationals"

"This method is, to define as the number of a class the class of all
classes similar to the given class."
-- Bertrand Russell