Re: faked aol address

1998-03-25 21:24:25
I don't know.  But the following still works for me:

:0
* ^From.*aol\.com
* !^Message-id:.*aol\.com
/dev/null

It does not appear to require a space between the ! and ^ symbols.  Most
spammers who forge AOL From lines do not forge AOL message ID's.  However,
I believe spam forged in AOL's name will disappear in a few months due to
the ferocity of AOL's sharks.  They have been very good at winning law
suits against spammers.

Uh, I meant to use the more proper term of "lawyer" rather than "shark".
Yeah, sure I did.

Felix
ftilley(_at_)goodnet(_dot_)com
Tucson, AZ

what if the email address comes in as:

From: Your Best Friend! <blahblah(_at_)aol(_dot_)com>

would a ".?" before the word boundary do it?