X-Command (was Re: Help With SmartMail Mailing list.)

1998-03-31 23:13:05
At 22:56 -0800, 31 Mar. 1998, Dave Metheny
<gwadmin(_at_)genealogyworld(_dot_)com> wrote:
I have several mailing lists set up with Smartmail.  I cannot for the
life of me get the X-Commands to work.  I have the rc.init  and
rc.custom set up for a password, and send commands with the X-Command in
the subject line, and also tryed in the address lines, but only get the
message echo'd back to the maintainer address.

It's SmartList, not Smartmail.  And questions about it should be sent to
the smartlist mailing list
(smartlist(_at_)informatik(_dot_)rwth-aachen(_dot_)de), so
I've directed replies there (and used a more descriptive subject).

Anyway, X-Command is a header by itself.  It doesn't go in the Subject:
header, and definitely not in the To: header.  With SmartList 3.11pre7
it may also be the first line of the body like:

--
Aaron Schrab     aaron(_at_)schrab(_dot_)com      http://www.execpc.com/~aarons/
 A successful [software] tool is one that was used to do something