Re: "Notified comsat" ???

1998-04-02 23:45:23
At 23:05 +0200, 02 Apr. 1998, Joerg Maschtaler
<maschi(_at_)chemie(_dot_)fu-berlin(_dot_)de> wrote:
Several times but without any system procmail prints out the message (in
LOGFILE) "Notified comsat : ........." and puts the email in the last folder
it's called in .procmailrc although the email is not touched from any
condition
in .procmailrc .

Do you know the solution of this problem and what does the message mean ?

The message means that procmail has notified comsat that there's new
mail.  comsat is the daemon that notifies users of new mail, and is
managed by the biff(1) program.  If you don't use biff, you can put

COMSAT=no

at the top of your .procmailrc file.

I'm not sure that I understood your description of your problem.  It
sounds like procmail is delivering to the mailbox specified in your last
recipe even though it doesn't appear to match the condition in that
recipe.  If this is the case, it would be necessary to see the recipe,
and get a description of what you think it should do.

--
Aaron Schrab     aaron(_at_)schrab(_dot_)com      http://www.execpc.com/~aarons/
 We don't need more money spent on defense, we need a real enemy.