Re: stripping the email body part 2

1998-04-06 01:22:25
On Sun, 5 Apr 1998 23:46:30 -0700 (PDT), David Hunt <dh(_at_)west(_dot_)net>
wrote:
section.  what I want to to is have the headers forwarded and have a dummy
character inserted into the body to fake one.  any suggestions?
     :0 hc
     * !^Subject:.*fwd
     | ( cat ; echo @ ; echo ) \
     | $SENDMAIL $SENDMAILFLAGS email(_at_)address(_dot_)com
The 'h' flag already strips the body. the 'cat' reiterates the head, with
the echos adding a one-charcter line followed by the requisite empty-line
to tell sendmail the msg is done.

(Is the empty line really necessary? My experiments have been working
fine without it but maybe I'm privileged :-)

Or if you could also limit what headers go to the pager, thus:
     :0 c
     | ( formail -X'From:' -X'To:' -X'Subject:' ; echo ; echo @ ; echo )
     | $SENDMAIL $SENDMAILFLAGS email(_at_)address(_dot_)com

(You need a backslash to escape the newline after the closing paren.
You might still want to keep the h flag here.)

/* era */

--
 Paparazzi of the Net: No matter what you do to protect your privacy,
  they'll hunt you down and spam you. <http://www.iki.fi/~era/spam/>