Ignoring multiple 'to 's

1998-04-06 07:32:08

Hi all, I'm using this to extract addresses from the *body* of
bounced mails (thanks Era)

:0Bwir:
    * !^To:.*,+
    * ^To:[     ]*\/[^  ].*
    | echo "$MATCH" >>IN.BadAddress.$DATE

However sometimes I get back which have had a cc'd address, like this:

  from <jobfinder(_at_)infolive(_dot_)ie>
  to <harry3dee(_at_)hotmailcom>
  to <maria(_dot_)dorgan(_at_)digital(_dot_)com>
  <3 lines snipped>
  From: InfoLive JobFinder <jobfinder(_at_)infolive(_dot_)ie>
  To: maria(_dot_)dorgan(_at_)digital(_dot_)com

Where harry3dee has been cc'd on the mail.  Its his address that has
actually bounced, but because maria was the main (To:) addressee,
her address goes into the bounced addresses file. (Double trouble..I dont
get my man, and a correct address goes on the 'to axe' list)

Any recommendations ?

Many thanks, & will summarise,   Tony.

Tony Moran                      IT Manager
Ph:   (+353-1)-8303455          Scope Communications.
Fax: (+353-1)-8300888
http://www.jobfinder.ie         http://www.infolive.ie
      Ireland's online Jobs and IT resources Web Site - Check us out !
How to complain about Spam: http://weber.ucsd.edu/~pagre/spam.html