Duplicate finder and msgid.cache

1998-04-07 20:47:22
Hi,

I was using the procmailex manpage example to cache duplicate emails
with the same GID number:

:0 Wh: msgid.lock
| formail -D 8192 msgid.cache

But it doesn't seem to be working.  Here are some possible reasons,
and I'd appreciate your advice or suggestions on finding and fixing
the problem:

*It's not at the beginning of the .procmailrc file, but it comes
before the mailing list recipes (which is where the dups are).

*Perhaps the one mailing list where I get dups somehow allows the same
email to be posted with different GIDs?  Is this possible?

*Perhaps I've misconfigured something in the recipe relative to the
location of the msgid.lock file?  Doesn't it normally get put in th
e same directory as procmail is located in?  Err, I mean ~/procmail/ ?

Any help is appreciated.  TIA.

--
David S. Jackson  <dsj(_at_)dsj(_dot_)net> <http://www.dsj.net>
"Linux: Choice of a GNU Generation!"