RE: Renewal processor, help debug this code?

1998-04-10 22:08:19

On 10-Apr-98 Ken Hooper wrote:

I need help from people smarter than me again. Anybody care to collaborate
on this? Karl Pinc and I were talking, and I said:

Renewal processor. Forces listees to confirm that they still want to
receive the list by returning a cookie, else it drops them. Renewals can
happen at any interval, set by the maintainer, from 1 to 365 days. Listees
have a certain number of days (set by the maintainer) to return the cookie
before they are dropped.

<snip>

That procmail script should be a rc.local.r20 script

As I wrote Ken previously:

I've thought a little bit more about it.

The "cut" at the top should be:
sed "s/^ *\([^(_at_)]*@[^ ]*\).*/\1/" > .killdir/$killfile

That will take care of the space in the e-mail problem, I think, and
set up so that you can just do simple substring comparisons with awk
(or even sh) on the beginning of the line instead of the greps.  Thus
avoiding the second bug caused by regular expression characters in
e-mail addresses.

and...

It also needs to have something added somewhere to ensure the From: of
the renewal request is <listname>-request, so that the response gets
processed by the -request processor.

Karl <kop(_at_)meme(_dot_)com>