Procmail not substituting the From: field

1998-05-11 12:23:31
I am using sendmail 8.8 and procmail to set up autoresponders on a FreeBSD
machine. Everything works perfectly (including the inserted subject line)
except the outgoing message does not use my formail replacement for "From:".
It uses the default name for the user account. I've used virtually the
identical script before on a different box and it worked fine. I'm assuming
it's a procmail thing with formail or a sendmail rule, but I just don't see
the problem.

Any ideas? I've included part of the .procmailrc file below.

Harry

.procmailrc
-----------------
SHELL=/bin/sh
VERBOSE=off
SENDMAIL=/usr/sbin/sendmail
MAILDIR=/etc/mail
PMDIR=$HOME/.procmail
#DEFAULT=$MAILDIR/INBOX
DEFAULT=$ORGMAIL
LOGFILE=$PMDIR/log
FILEDIR=$HOME/fileserver

:0
* ^TOhomelist
*!^FROM_DAEMON
{
:0 ic
|(formail -r -A "Precedence: junk"\
-I"From: FrippAgent Auto Reply <homelist(_at_)frippagent(_dot_)com> " \
-I"Subject: Fripp Island Homes For Sale" \
-A "X-Loop: homelist(_at_)frippagent(_dot_)com";\
cat $FILEDIR/homelist.txt ) |$SENDMAIL -t
:0
!akalillian(_at_)hargray(_dot_)com