Counting mail messages

1998-05-18 09:50:48
Is it possible to set up a recipe to count all mail coming into a mailbox using
procmail?  I have it set up to pipe messages through a perl script that reads in
the old message number, adds one to it, then writes the new number back out to
the file.  Is this the best (loaded question, right?)  way to do it, or is there
a better (less cpu intensive) way to do it?

I can send the recipe and the perl script if that would help...

Thanks,

Bryan
--
|       Bryan Albright       |     bryana(_at_)uswest(_dot_)net    |