spaces in envelope sender

1998-05-25 16:37:57
Of late I've received several pieces of mail where the envelope sender's
local part contains one or more [unquoted] spaces (quoted spaces might be
legal -- I don't know -- but unquoted ones certainly are not, and I've never
seen a quoted space in an envelope sender address anyway).

They've all been spam.  It's n doubt a cheap trick to falsify the bounce
address.

Has anyone seen, or does anyone know of, legitimate email where the envelope
sender contains a space?  Is

* ^^From +[^    ]+ +[^  ].* +(Sun|Mon|Tue|Wed|Thu|Fri|Sat)

or

at risk of snagging any false positives?