Re: procmail and netscape3.01

1998-05-29 04:04:44
Gwendal Tanguy wrote:

hi!
I'm using procmail to direct my mail into different folder of my nsmail
directory. But I have some questions.

How can I be sure that when I do "compress folder", he doesn't remove
any of the new mail I get, I test it and it doesn't remove my new mail
but maybe there is another problem that I can't see.

I use Netscape gold 3.01 and I'd really like, if someone could tell me
if there is a problem to direct mail in folder using netscape.

I use NS3.01 too, and I have no problems at all with my multiple folders
setup ...

For example, if I don't compress folder after deleting an e-mail, a new
mail arrive and reveal the one I trashed. Is there a way to avoid that
problem.

thanks for answering. I personnally use procmail for myself so I've not
your administrators problem... excuse me.

Gwendal (forgive my english, I just a little french boy...)
Hello Gwendal, your english is definitely not so bad comparing to mine
(I'm an Italian boy), but I try to help you ...
I set (in Netscape.Options.Mail and News.Servers)
"localhost" as Outgoing mail server
"built in movemail" as Incoming mail server
"/home/ferdi/nsmail" as Mail folder

Also I set (in /etc/profile)
MAIL=$HOME/nsmail/Inbox

I use fetchmail to retrieve my POP3 remote mail,as follows

fetchmail -a -F -v -t 30

my .fetchmailrc looks like this

poll pop1.nettaxi.com protocol pop3
user fsimon, with password *****, is ferdi here

And all works fine (except autoreplies)
I include also my complete .procmailrc
I hope that this can help you in some manner ...
--
Regards from F.A. Simonetti, Linux User
Via Borgoratti 37 int.H, Genova ( Italy )

:0
* ^From(_dot_)*(_at_)winsite(_dot_)com
/dev/null

:0
* ^From(_dot_)*(_at_)GAMECENTER(_dot_)COM
/dev/null

:0
* ^From(_dot_)*(_at_)netscape(_dot_)com
/dev/null

:0
* ^From(_dot_)*(_at_)DeliverE(_dot_)com
/dev/null

:0
* ^From(_dot_)*(_at_)amazon(_dot_)com
Amazon

:0
* ^Subject.*mulet*
* ^To(_dot_)*amulet-users(_at_)cs(_dot_)cmu(_dot_)edu
* ^CC(_dot_)*amulet-users(_at_)cs(_dot_)cmu(_dot_)edu
Amulet

:0
* ^Resent-From(_dot_)*procmail(_at_)informatik(_dot_)rwth-aachen(_dot_)de
Procmail

:0 h c
* !^FROM_DAEMON
| (formail -r -A"Precedence: junk" -A"X-Loop: fsimon(_at_)nettaxi(_dot_)com" ;
echo "Mail received on: $DATE") | $SENDMAIL -t

:0 c
* ^From.*unige.it
University