Re: Procmail and afs (Andrew File System)

1998-06-03 10:24:37
I need some help for procmail running under afs. I get following error code:

procmail: Couldn't create "/var/spool/mail/u500101"
procmail: Lock failure on "/var/spool/mail/u500101.lock"
procmail: Error while writing to "/var/spool/mail/u500101"
550 "|IFS=' ' && exec
/afs/lrz-muenchen.de/sw/sun4_54/procmail-3.11pre7/procmail
+-f- || exit 75 #u500101"... Can't create output: Error 0

Is there anyone knowing how I can handle that error? Earlier mails in the
archives say e.g. that procmail can\xB4t work together with afs?

I don't think that this is an AFS-related problem.  I went to this directory
and the acls are just fine (system:anyuser rl).  The problems that procmail
has with AFS show up when you try using a .procmailrc file out of your
AFS home directory and writing files there -- since you're not authenticated,
you would have to change your acls so that system could write to it or
create an IP acl.

But the whole thing is moot, since this shouldn't be an AFS problem.  The only
way it could be is if /var/spool/mail was a symlink to AFS space (which it
shouldn't be).

I take it that you're running this out of a .forward file?  Can you check and
see if /var/spool/mail exists on your mail server?  It could be that procmail is
trying to put it into a different directory than your system is configured
to accept, or the directory might be readonly on whatever system you're trying
to access it from.

Chris