How to get reply to help(_at_)domain (list) as help(_at_)domain

1998-06-29 20:12:16
Hi, Here's the situation

I would like to create a list called @domain which could be as simple
as a ~alias/.qmail-help file containing addresses of the recipient(s)

Now, Joe user sends email to help(_at_)domain which gets forwarded to the
"helpers". I would like to set it up such that when the "helpers"
reply to Joe user, Joe sees the message as coming from "help(_at_)domain"
instead of the helpers real address. Basically the Subject and the
body get passed thru and the From gets rewritten

I am using qmail and have a .qmail-help-default file
The helpers send email to help-<encoded-address>@domain
I use a sed script to convert encoded address <help-user=otherdomain>
to user(_at_)otherdomain

This is my .qmail-help-default file
|preline formail -k -X Subject:
|(export QMAILINJECT="f" ; export QMAILUSER="help" ; export QMAILNAME="Support"
; | qmail-inject -f help(_at_)mumineen(_dot_)org `echo $LOCAL| sed -f
~alias/sfile`

~alias/sfile is

s/help-//g
s/=/@/g

I briefly looked at maildrop also
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Peaks/5799/maildrop.README.html
but was not sure if it would make life simpler

Am I doing the right thing or is there a simpler way to do
this. Currently the entire message shows up in /var/log/maillog when a
message is sent to help-encoded-address