Re: A unique way of dividing up incoming messages

1998-07-02 09:55:30

        use IMAP the u-w imapd has provision for shared folders.

--Jauder

On Thu, 2 Jul 1998, Brock Rozen wrote:

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to divide up incoming messages into two (or
possibly more) folders based on nothing in particular. I just want the
folders to contain, roughly, the same number of messages.

Basically, a system of first message goes into folder #1, second goes to
folder #2 and then start again.

A time stamp system that works based on whether the seconds is even or
odd is nice -- but that limits it to two folders.

Why? I want a number of people to work on the same types of mail at the
same time. But with locking issues, they won't be able to work on the
same folder at the same time. So dividing it up solves that problem --
at least until they finish that folder! (every employer's dream!) ;-)

Thanks,

Brock

--

 | Brock Rozen |