Re: [Q] Checking a score with $=

1998-07-11 22:08:27
D J Larson wrote:

How can I check the score if my mail does not meet the
scoring requirement?

The procmailsc man page is confusing on this subject.

  See the link http://www.netforward.com/poboxes/?jari.aalto
for futher details.

  The following construct is the "conventional wisdom"
way of doing it...

:0
* one-test-condition
* another-test-condition
* etc, etc
{ }
VAR = $=

  You ask why the "{ }" (left-brace space right-brace).
  1) If it's omitted, a negative score will be incorrectly
reported as zero.
  2) "{ }" is a nul-op, so the email is not considered to
have been "delivered".  Without it, you would need the "f"
flag, e.g. ":0f"

--
Walter Dnes <waltdnes(_at_)interlog(_dot_)com> procmail spamfilter
http://www.interlog.com/~waltdnes/spamdunk/spamdunk.htm