Counting Messages (was Re: limit messages per box)

1998-07-22 08:42:21
'Scuse me asking a quicky question here. I'm just getting started with
Procmail, it looks like "anything is possible" (well *almost* anything!)

Where could this statement be inserted? That sounds daft, but I suppose it
would go into the .procmailrc? Also *where* would the echo appear, at the
login prompt? (Pine already announces how many messages reside in the
"Inbox")
--------<snip>
formail -s echo "message" < /var/mail/tim | wc -l
Gawd, this stuff is fascinating!
TIA
-C.
Colin J. Raven